Oxford University is a world-renowned federal university with public research colleges, consisting of 38 colleges. It is the oldest university in the English-speaking world and the second oldest higher education institution in the world.
Summer program is held every year at St Anthony’s College, Oxford University (one of Oxford’s 38 colleges, https://www.sant.ox.ac.uk/). Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the program was specially shifted to online summer courses. The program will use Zoom conference software for online teaching. Teachers and students can interact during the courses and the courses will be recorded for replay. The online courses will be given by professors and lecturers in Oxford University, while staff of the local government will also be invited to make relevant government report. Students who currently studying in Oxford University for masters and doctoral degree will also be invited to share their application experience to universities in UK.
The total duration of the course is 40 hours, including 20 hours of interdisciplinary lectures (choice one from humanities & social sciences and technological innovation) and 20 hours of main courses (one of five).
Courses (Part A + Part B):
Part A: General Themed Lectures(Two Options/20 hours per course）
Option 1: Humanities and Social Sciences
Option 2: Science & Innovation
Part B: Specific Subject Courses (5 Options/20 hours per course)
1)Culture, Art and Society
2)General Cutting-edge Science and Innovation Course
3)Internet Analysis and Data Mining
4)Business and Management
5)Future Cities and Public Policy
- You may get informed to change to another specific subject course if the number of applicants for that course is less than 20.
- Class sizes are kept small less than 35 to maximize interaction between students and tutors.
|Program time||1) Orientation Week: 28-30 July 2020
2) Teaching Weeks: 3 -14 August 2020
3) Feedback Week: 17-21 August 2020
|Application deadline||30 June 2020|
|Teaching unit||St Anthony's College, Oxford University|
|Program fee||₤1, 250 Pounds
1. Students apply before June 26th, 2020 will enjoy a £50 discount off the tuition fee.
2. Scholarships: A limited level of scholarships (normally for university students) are available for those applicants who have competitive performance during the program and in the home institution.
(Please refer to FAQs in attachment)
|Requirements||1. GPA 2.8 or 70 (on a 100 scale)
2. Proof of English proficiency is not required since English is one of the main language of instruction for courses in SUSTech. If applicant has IELTS/TOFEL test certificate, please provide.
|Application materials||1. SUSTech Application Form for Online Study Abroad Summer Programs
2. 2020 Online Course-OISAP Application Form
3. Official transcript
|Application procedure||1. Send the SUSTech Application Form for Online Study Abroad Summer Programs to department for review and approval.
If there is difficulty in signing the Form due to the pandemic situation, students can forward the approval email from department to SUSTech Global.
2. Send the SUSTech Application Form and other required application materials to SUSTech Global at firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject: St Antony’s Online Course + student name, number and major.
|Review unit||St Anthony's College, Oxford University|
|1. Brochure-OISAP Summer Online 2020
|More information and inquiries, please contact: email@example.com